YAHOO MAIL ATTACHMENT NOT DOWNLOADING
Yahoo is one of the most extensively used email services in the world and is popular among people. But it doesn’t mean that it would be glitch-free. Yahoo offers all the features that all other email service providers offer. Every day you receive a lot of important documents in the form of attachments. There could be times when Yahoo mail won’t be able to open the attachments owing to several reasons. However, it is not a major glitch and can be resolved easily by following certain troubleshooting steps. Without wasting much time, let’s get straight to the topic - How to fix the Yahoo mail attachment not downloading problem?
CAUSES OF ATTACHMENT NOT DOWNLOADING:
It is very difficult to find a solution without knowing the actual cause behind the error. So, we have given some of the possible reasons.
- Step : 1If you have received an attachment in the form of a PDF file, then you need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader application on your device.
Tip: Every attachment comes in a different format and needs a particular tool to view it.
- Step : 2Sometimes, the issue can occur if the browser is not configured properly.
- Step : 3The reason could be due to connectivity issues too.
- Step : 4Incorrect configuration or security settings can also lead to attachment issues.
- Step : 5If the file size is too large and your device does not have enough storage space left, then also, Yahoo mail attachments will not open or download.
SOLUTION 1: CHECK FOR FILE ENCRYPTION:
- Step : 1You need to be aware that Yahoo doesn’t support encrypted files, and such attachments won’t open.
- Step : 2So, request the sender to send an unencrypted version of the same file.
SOLUTION 2: CHECK THE BROWSER STORAGE:
- Step : 1There might be chances that the downloaded attachments might have been saved in some other location.
- Step : 2So, land on the settings page of your browser and look for the Downloads path.
- Step : 3Also, make sure that your browser is compatible with Yahoo mail.
- Step : 4The popular browsers that support Yahoo are Chrome version 25 or newer, Internet Explorer 9.0, Safari 4.0 or later, and Firefox 19 or later.
SOLUTION 3: DISABLE ANTIVIRUS, FIREWALL, OR OTHER SECURITY PROGRAMS:
- Step : 1Security programs are essential to protect your device from potential cyber-attacks. But sometimes, they block the functioning of Yahoo mail and intervene in the attachment download process.
- Step : 2So, add an exception on all the security programs.
SOLUTION 4: DISABLE THE BROWSER ADD-ONS:
- Step : 1Disabling the browser add-ons temporarily can bring back the Yahoo mail to its normal condition.
- Step : 2Once done, refresh your browser and then try downloading the attachment again.
SOLUTION 5: UPDATE THE YAHOO APPLICATION:
- Step : 1Whether you are using Yahoo mail on your mobile or PC, updating the application can sort out many known and unknown issues.
- Step : 2This is important because updating the mail app has a high possibility of fixing the issue.
SOLUTION 6: HAVE A LOOK AT THE RAM:
- Step : 1RAM (Random Access Memory) can be another factor that affects the opening of Yahoo mail attachments.
- Step : 3Basically, RAM is a substantial part of the phone’s internal memory that stores the email attachment copies to provide speedy processing.
Tip: If you haven’t rebooted your device for quite a long time, the speed of the device slows down and eventually can lead to trouble in downloading the attachments.
So, we have tried our level best to provide the best troubleshooting solutions. For more information regarding the Yahoo mail attachment not downloading issue, call our technicians.