Outlook not downloading all emails from server
You can easily set up the Outlook 2019 email client on Windows. On this page, we have explained Outlook not downloading all emails from server using a simple method.
Check the Internet connection
- Step 1:When the Internet connection is unstable, Outlook may fail to download the emails. In those instances, connect your computer to a stable Wi-Fi network and try to download the emails again.
- Step 2:In Outlook, if you have chosen the Work Offline option, it will stop the Outlook application from connecting to the wireless network.
- Step 3:So, disable Work Offline and check whether the issue is resolved. To do so, just navigate to the main menu of Outlook and click on the Outlook option at the top-left corner. If the Work Offline option is selected, uncheck it and then check whether you can download emails in Outlook.
Check the server
At times, Outlook may fail to download emails when there is an issue with the mail server. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below and check the server.
- Step 1:Click on the Tools option and choose Accounts.
- Step 2:You can locate the default account in the left pane. If it displays with an orange indicator, it signifies that there is an error connecting to the server.
- Step 3:In those instances, you need to wait for a while until the issue gets fixed.
- Step 1:A cache is a storage location that keeps temporary data to load the apps, browsers, and websites faster. But, when the cache gets corrupted, it may lead to most of the significant issues. Thus, follow the instructions listed below and clear the cache in Outlook.
- Step 2:In your Outlook application, click on the Tools option and choose your account.
- Step 3:Right-click on the exchange folder you prefer to empty and choose the Properties option.
- Step 4:Go to the General tab and click Empty Cache.
- Step 1:When your inbox is full, it may prevent Outlook from receiving the emails. It may also stop Outlook from downloading the new emails.
- Step 2:In those cases, open the inbox in your Outlook application and start deleting the messages.
- Step 3:Clearing the junk mails can free up more space. So, empty the junk mails. Also, empty your trash.
- Step 4:As you have cleared the storage to some extent, check whether Outlook can download the emails now.
If you cannot fix the issue yet, you can reach out to us.