Usually, email clients, including Microsoft Outlook 2016, don’t check the email address from which you send an email. The client sends the email to your mail server (SMTP) and leaves the SMTP server to decide what to do with your email. So, you can send emails from different addresses from the Outlook 2016 app. Before doing that, you should have added another email address to the Outlook app. For detailed instructions, go through the steps below to know how to send email from a different address in Outlook 2016.
Adding an email account to Outlook 2016:
- Step 1:Start by launching the Outlook app.
- Step 2:Click the File tab at the top-left corner of the Outlook app and select the Info option from the left-side panel.
- Step 3:Next, click on Add Account to start adding your email account.
- Step 4:On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the Email Account option and fill in the following fields to get send email from a different address in Outlook 2016..
- Step 5:Click Next and wait for Outlook to authenticate your email account.
- Step 6:If you wish to configure the mail server settings manually, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- Step 7:Choose the POP or IMAP option and fill in the required details on the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen.
- Step 8:Click Next and select Finish to complete adding your email account.
- Step 9:Once you have done adding another email account, continue reading the steps to know how to send an email from a different address in Outlook 2016.
Sending email from a different email address:
- Step 1:In the Outlook app, open a new email and click the Options tab at the top.
- Step 2:Select the From ribbon to make it visible.
- Step 3:Click the From drop-down menu and check if your email address is available.
- Step 4:If you have already set any default From address, switch the email account from the From drop-down menu to get send email from a different address in Outlook 2016.
- Step 5: If you wish to send an email from an email address that has not been added to the Outlook app, click the From drop-down menu and select the Other Email Address option.
- Step 6:In the Send From Other Email Address dialog box, type your email address and click the OK button.
- Step 7:Fill in the required details for the mail and click the Send button. Finally, know send email from a different address in Outlook 2016.