Microsoft Outlook is an email client that helps to receive and send emails securely. In the Outlook application, you can add multiple email accounts, and thus you can have access to all your emails in one place. So, if you are looking for the steps to know how to configure Aol server settings for Outlook, the below steps will help you do the task. By configuring the AOL Server settings in Outlook, you can receive all your AOL emails in Outlook. Now, let’s see the steps for Outlook 2016.
In the following section, we shall see the procedure to send emails at a specific time in Outlook.
Allow access to Outlook on AOL:
Before you configure your AOL mail account in Outlook 2016, the email client should have access to your AOL email account. Follow these steps to check and allow access.
- Step 1: Open a web browser on your computer connected to the Internet and access the AOL login page.
- Step 2: Enter your AOL email address and password to sign in.
- Step 3: Once you are signed in, go to the profile section and select Options followed by Account Info.
- Step 4: Next, you’ve to select the option Account Security.
- Step 5: In the right-side window, check if the option Allow apps that use less secure sign in is turned on. If not, click on the toggle button to enable the option.
Now, you are all set to configure your AOL server settings in Outlook 2016. If not, move on to the next steps to know how to configure Aol server settings for Outlook.
AOL Server Settings:
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)
Server hostname: imap.aol.com
Incoming Mail Server (POP)
Server hostname: pop.aol.com
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Server hostname: smtp.aol.com
Steps to configure the AOL Server Settings in Outlook 2016:
- Step 1: Launch the Outlook 2016 application on your computer and click the File menu.
- Step 2: Next click on the option Add Account.
- Step 3: In the Welcome window, type in your AOL email address and then click on Advanced options.
- Step 4: Click the checkbox for the option Let me set up my account manually.
- Step 5: Click the Connect button.
- Step 6: In the next window, choose the account type you wish to configure. It can be either IMAP or POP. And move on to the next steps to know how to configure Aol server settings for Outlook.
- Step 7: Based on your selection, a new window will open with the server and port details.
- Step 8: Check the AOL server settings and make changes if required. You can refer to the AOL server settings provided on this page to make the changes.
- Step 9: After entering the details, click the Next button. Here you’ll see a text field to enter the password.
- Step 10: Enter the password for your AOL mail account.
- Step 11: Once the verification is done, you’ll see the completion window, and this means you’ve successfully configured the AOL server setting in Outlook 2016.