If you have recently switched your phone number, don't worry. You can easily change your phone number associated with Gmail. Google may use the phone number that is associated with your account for various purposes. If you have your phone number linked with your Gmail account, you can easily recover your account if you have forgotten your password. So, if you want to know how to change phone number in Gmail, you can do it from a computer or mobile device.
CHANGING YOUR PHONE NUMBER IN GMAIL FROM YOUR COMPUTER:
- Step 1:First, launch a browser and go to the official Gmail website.
- Step 2:Now, sign in to Gmail with your Gmail email address and password.
- Step 3:Click your profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4:Simply select your photo or the first letter of your name.
- Step 5:Select the Personal Info tab on the left panel.
- Step 6:Scroll down to the Contact Info section.
- Step 7:Click on the arrow icon next to your old phone number.
- Step 8:You will be redirected to a new window to change your number.
- Step 9:Again, click on the arrow icon under the phone number.
- Step 11:Click on the Edit or Pencil icon again and select the Update Number option in the dialog box that appears.
- Step 12:You can now type your new phone number and click on the Select button.
- Step 13:Your phone number has been successfully changed in your Gmail account. If not, try the next steps to know how to change phone number in Gmail.