Outlook is one of the most-used email clients that allows you to send, receive, and manage your account easily. This application offers some great features like a colorful theme, tablet rotation support, attachment from cloud storage, exchange level search, clutter support, sync slider options, etc. Here we shall discuss how to change the encryption method in Outlook 2016.Almost all email clients allow you to use the TLS (Transport Layer Security) or SSL encryption standard to protect your email from unknown or third-party access. Outlook also provides access to use the TLS or SSL encryption based on your email service. If you configure your account’s encryption type wrongly, then you can modify it. Scroll down this page to know how to change encryption method in Outlook 2016.
Steps To Change The Encryption Method In Outlook 2016:
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2016 application on your Windows computer.
- Step 2:Locate and click on the Email Accounts option.
- Step 3:Now, a window titled Account Settings will open.
- Step 4:In this window, you can find the list of accounts that are configured in Outlook 2016.
- Step 5:From the list of accounts, choose the one that you wish to modify.
- Step 6:In the Change Account window, click on the More Settings button.
- Step 7:Go to the Advanced tab of the Internet Email Settings window.
- Step 8:Now, change the encryption type for the incoming and outgoing servers.
- Step 9:After changing them, click on the OK button.
- Step 10:Check whether your account details are entered correctly in the Change Account window.
- Step 11:If yes, send a test mail by click on the Test Account Settings button.
- Step 12:Now, the Outlook 2016 application will send a test mail to your account.
- Step 13:If you receive the test mail successfully, it means the account is configured correctly.
To know more about how to change encryption method in Outlook 2016, click on the Call button provided on this page.