How To Add An Outlook Account To Mac Mail
You can configure your Outlook account on Mac Mail easily. On this page, we’ve explained how to add an Outlook account to Mac Mail. Follow the steps provided to do the same.
How to add Outlook on Mac:
- Step 1:Make sure that the Mac computer is turned ON.
- Step 2:Open the Mail app on your computer.
- Step 3:The Welcome to Mail page will open.
- Step 4:Click Mail to create an email account and then select Mail > Add Account.
- Step 5:Follow the on-screen instructions and click Continue.
- Step 6:Enter your Outlook email login credentials and then click Sign In.
- Step 7:Finally, click Done.
Configuring Outlook on Mac:
- Step 1:In the Add Account Setup window, select the radio button for Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
- Step 2:Select Internet E-mail on the Choose Service screen and then click Next.
- Step 3:Enter your name and email id in the required fields below User Information in the Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Step 4:Below Server Information, select POP3 from the Account Type drop-down box.
- Step 5:Type ‘pop3.live.com’ in the Incoming mail server text field.
- Step 6:Type ‘smtp.live.com’ in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text field.
- Step 7:Below Logon Information, type your user Outlook mail address in the User Name text field and your Outlook password in the Password text field.
- Step 8:Now, click More Settings.
- Step 9:Click the Outgoing Server tab and then select the checkbox My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Step 10:Next, select the radio button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server and then click OK.
- Step 11:Click the Advanced tab and type ‘993’ in the Incoming server (IMAP) text box. Next, select SSL from the below drop-down box.
- Step 12:Now, type ‘587’ in the Outgoing server (SMTP) field and then select TLS from the below drop-down box.
- Step 13:Click OK and then click Next.
- Step 14:Once the setting is complete, close the screen.
Now, open the Outlook app and wait for a few seconds until your mails automatically appear on the screen.