The features of Gmail, such as spam protection and inbox organization, can tempt other email users to shift from their existing account to Gmail. But many of us don’t prefer to get into the hassle of changing our email address. Now, there is an option to Gmailify your inbox, that is, linking your existing email account with Gmail. If you connect your AOL mail account with Gmail, you are entitled to enjoy the best features of Gmail in your AOL mail account. All you need to do is to enable Gmailify in your Gmail account.
Moreover, when you link your AOL account to Gmail, you will be protected from spam emails, and you do not need to worry about the junk emails in your AOL account. You will receive your AOL mails on your mobile itself, just as it used to be on Gmail. You can also sort your emails automatically according to their types, like Social, Promotions, and Updates.
Continue to read to link your AOL mail account to Gmail.
- Step 1:On your computer, open your Gmail account.
- Step 2:In the top-right corner, click Settings>All Settings. Then, go to the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Step 3:Then, go to the Check mail from other accounts section and click on the Add a mail account option.
- Step 4:Now, type your complete AOL account email address and click on the Next button.
- Step 5:Select the checkbox next to the Link account with Gmail (Gmailify) option and click Next.
- Step 6:Then, follow the on-screen prompts and click on the Sign-in button.
- Step 7:Once you link your AOL email account with Gmail, “Gmailify” will appear next to your email address. Whenever you open your Gmail account, you will be able to read, reply to, and organize your inboxes just as you do in your Gmail account.
- Step 8:In this manner, you can link your AOL email account to Gmail.
- Step 9:In case you would like to unlink your AOL account from Gmail, unlink the respective account from your Gmail. For unlinking your AOL account from Gmail, open Gmail on your computer and click Settings> See All Settings. Now, you have to go to the Accounts and Import tab; in the Check mail from other accounts section, click on the Unlink button.
- Step 10:After unlinking your AOL account from Gmail, you can either choose to keep your existing AOL messages or delete them from your Gmail inbox.